President, Pearl Street, Inc.
Jason Makansi , founder Pearl Street, Inc., has over 25 years of experience evaluating the technological, business, and regulatory issues governing the electricity industry.
As President of Pearl Street, founded in December 2000, Jason specializes in providing technology deployment services to companies in all segments of the electricity value chain.
• Technology evaluation
• Competitive positioning
• Tactical communications
• Engineering due diligence
• Alliance creation and partner building
• Executive and management recruitment
• Marketing programs.
• Global power industry suppliers
• Investment community, distributed power
• Energy companies and electric utilities
• Technology development and R&D firms
• Energy storage
• Software companies
• Consulting and market research firms
Jason has published articles in Business Week, Electrical World, Global Energy Busines, Power, and IEEE Spectrum. In addition, Pearl Street has been quoted in Newsweek, CFO Magazine, Power Engineering, FT Energy, and others.
Lights Out: The Electricity Crisis, the Global Economy and What it Means to You,
John Wiley & Sons, May 2007
An Investor’s Guide to the Electricity Business, John Wiley & Sons, April 2002.